Tuesday 20 March 2012

How i see the artist

I see our artist as a mix of Taylor Swift,Kelly Clarkson and Demi Lovato. Their album covers, star image and music is similar to what we want 'Tia' to be like. The song that we chose is similar to these artists as most of their songs are to do wih relationships that have ended.
Taylor swifts single cover 'Mine' inspired my interpretation for Tia's album cover. Taylor swift's genre is mostly country and its shown in this cover. Her being outside and in white shows off her purity and her love for being outside. In her music video for 'Mine' there are shots of her being outside, its a reference to her music video. For my album cover i would therefore have an image of 'Tia' outside and looking indirectly to the camera just like Taylor does.





I also like this album cover from Kelly Clarkson because even though its really simple, it gives a sense of drama. The use of her biting the necklace, gives me a sense of her being a rock girl. I also like the simple font for the artists name and the album title. I also like the colour used as there is a pallette of bronze and black and white which i think suggests tradional as well as different. In my album cover analysis's most of the albums have alot of bright colours, so by being different it suggests that the artist is individual and stand out from the crowd to be noticed.



So for my album cover i would take aspects from these two albums and incorporte them into one. I would use the location and costume from Taylor Swift's single and the font from Kelly Clarkson's album . By mixing the two genres, i will create an artist who can do many genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment